Monday, July 16, 2007

A Weekend of Wine, Food & Music

What a wonderful weekend! Saturday evening my mom, sister and I attended the California Philharmonic Festival on The Green . The title for the night's concert was Music Theater; 100 Years of Joy. It consisted of music from Jesus Christ Superstar, Chicago, Fiddler on the Roof and Annie Get Your Gun. The conductor is always a delight adding his insightful, and at times comical, tales of the composers or the events of the time. We also enjoyed fabulous wine and food. Starting out our evening with Korbel Brut Rose....what a better way to start than with a nice, light Champagne on a warm summer evening. Also included in the night's beverage list was my fruity Sangria and the Summer Splash which was a watermelon red wine. Our dinner for the evening was provided by Burger Continental. My mom had their famous Chicken Tavouk Kebab. My sister and I had the Stuffed Breast of Chicken “Corinthian” with feta cheese & fresh spinach in filo dough. Each dinner came with Greek salad, hummus, taboule, eggplant, rice pilaf & pita bread. There was more than enough...we were stuffed!! For dessert I brought fresh fruit and baklava. Ahhhh....heaven.





Sunday afternoon, my mom, husband and I went to The Wine Tailor for a Caribbean BBQ. We purchased a bottle of cold, refreshing Ice Wine and headed for the patio to listen to Steel Drum music provided by Ray McNamara. The BBQ was catered by Carl's Cajun Catering and it was mighty tasty! We had chicken, hot links, beans, green salad, bread and a wonderful potato salad with mangos....yummy!! After a couple of relaxing hours we headed home, but of course had to stop by 21 Choices for a frozen yogurt (Fat free French Vanilla with Blueberries for me....love it!)






It was such a great weekend, but now it is Monday, so back to the daily grind!!!





Cheers!

No comments: