Monday, July 23, 2007

Concert in the Park

Sunday night was "Concert in the Park" night. The Silverados were the band that performed and they were much better than I had anticipated! It was billed as country/rock, which I thought was going to be leaning towards country, but it was a good mix of country pop and rock. I would definitely check them out at other performances in the area. The evening was not only about listening to the music, we also had food and wine (of course!). We started out with a green salad with tomato and feta cheese. Next, was pizza from Petrillo's (they are THE best!!! in my opinion). I picked up a pizza which we had not tried before. It was their Pizza Bianca which was brushed with extra virgin olive oil, mozzarella and romano cheeses, fresh tomato and fresh basil. It was excellent!! Dessert was fresh strawberries and blueberries topped with Cool-Whip......yummy!! Our wine selections were Barefoot White Zinfandel (my mom's favorite), Foothill Vineyards Peachard (which is a Peach Chardonnay....I am a peach fan!) and Cycles Gladiator Pinot Grigio.
It was another relaxing evening of entertainment under the stars. Looking forward to another one in a couple of weeks!
See you there.....CHEERS!

No comments: