Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Two Buck Chuck Wins It!



It had been a while since I had purchased a bottle of Charles Shaw or lovingly known as "Two Buck Chuck", but after I heard the news on the radio that their 2005 Chardonnay was awarded Best Chardonnay from CA, I ran over to my local Trader Joe's and picked up a bottle. Arriving home, I popped it in the fridge and waited until the dinner hour to have a taste (it was a bit early in the day to break it open when I bought it or I would have tried it then.....but then again....is it ever too early?) After an afternoon of anticipation, I popped the cork and poured the yellow gold. It has a very nice, light fruity flavor. I can say it passed in my book. I have read where many wine enthusiasts have scoffed at this award winner. I say let them scoff!! Leaves more bottles on the shelves for those of us who trust our pallets, whether it be for $2 or $200.


Here is a link to the article which was written in the Napa Valley Register regarding the win at the Commercial Wine Competition.


Cheers!

No comments: