Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Fun Facts

We finally made it to Friday!! Here are a couple of fun facts that I recently ran across in QRW;


Seniors who drank moderate amounts of wine (six to 13 glasses a week) are likely to have lower Medicare expenses than non-drinkers, according to a study published last fall in Health Care Financing Review, a U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources journal.
(start raising those glasses!!!)

U.S. consumers purchased a record 300 million cases of wine in 2006, prompting wine industry analyst Jon Fredrikson of Gomberg, Fredrikson & Associates to note that "Wine is finally entering the mainstream of American life". What a brilliant observation.
(you think?!)


Looking ahead to the weekend, my sister and I are going to The Wine Tailor, where we will be attending a class on white wines. I'm sure we will be doing some tasting also!! I'll report back as to how much we learned....hmmm.....I better take notes!
Sunday I may go to our local Concerts in the Park. I believe they are having a country/rock band. Not normally the music I listen to, but it is usually a relaxing evening. We usually bring, cards, food and a couple of bottles of wine. I do have some that I have been wanting to open stashed away, so now may be the time. If I do, I'll review them in my next post.

Everyone have a great weekend.....Cheers!

No comments: