Wednesday, July 25, 2007

COWABUNGA!!!

Yesterday my mom and I attended the OC Fair. We had fun checking out the livestock, crafts, artwork and all that the fair has to offer. I had wanted to take my camera, but unfortunately, it wasn't available to me....sniffle. Oh well, we had a good time!! As you enter the park there was a wonderful sand sculpture of cows surfing a large wave. There were various other cow sculptures "on the beach" playing in the sand, relaxing on a bench, enjoying their day! It is quite amazing the artistry that is involved in such a creation.

Then there is the food. Oh my gosh....so much to choose from! They had a new gastric concoction called a "Cowabunga Burger". I think it was 1 1/2 lbs. of angus burger. Three patties, with melting cheese, 6 inches high!! I swear you could feed four with it! And can they think of anything else to deep fry? From vegetables to Twinkies, to Oreos, to peanut butter something-or-other, they will deep fry it! I am in general a healthy eater, so it was a bit tough finding something that sounded good to me. My mom had a hot dog and a "Bud" and I had a chicken taco that was quite tasty! I also had a glass of Fetzer Gewurztraminer Valley Oaks '05 (Tastefully aromatic, the flowery, slightly spicy, medium sweet Fetzer Gewurztraminer is a delicious sipping wine; great all by itself.) For dessert, we each had a non-fat yogurt in a waffle cone.....yummy....my favorite!

That had topped off our visit to the fair this year. The LA Fair will be here in a few months....I'm sure I'll plan a day there too!

CHEERS!

No comments: