Friday, July 13, 2007

Cool & Refreshing

Summer is here and as the mercury rises, we look towards cool drinks to refresh us. One of our favorites is Sangria. The wonderful sweet fruit......mmmmm......tasty! I had a recipe that I was going to share that included Rioja, Grand Marnier, etc., but I can't seem to find it. Must have misplaced it after the last batch...haha! A simple way to to enjoy the fruity nectar is to buy a jug of Carlo Rossi, a bit of Grand Marnier and add your fruit of choice. I plan on doing this tomorrow as we are going to see the California Philharmonic perform at The Festival on the Green at the Arboretum in Arcadia, CA. It is a wonderful evening listening to the music on the lawn under the stars. Everyone takes a picnic or places advanced orders with some of the local restaurants that cater the event. We are starting our evening out with a bottle of Korbel Brut Rose. This year we ordered our food from Burger Continental in Pasadena. They have wonderful Middle-Eastern food (I don't think they even have burgers on their menu!). Of course, we have my Sangria and also a Watermelon wine that my sister purchased from The Wine Tailor in Rancho Cucamonga. That is something different! We have been going for the last few years and it is such an enjoyable event! I definitely recommend it to anyone that is looking for something a little different and entertaining.

I'll let everyone know how the evening went in a later post and I may be going to a Caribbean BBQ at The Wine Tailor on Sunday. Hopefully I'll have a positive report on that event as well!
Till next time.....CHEERS

No comments: