Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My Blog is Uncorked

Wow! My first post! How exciting!! I'm looking forward to telling everyone about my adventures in wine tasting...searching out those gems of lovely tasting wines. First let me tell you that I am a novice at this. I had always enjoyed "drinking" wine, but I never took the time to appreciate it. There were a few years where I had stopped drinking it all together. But then, a few months ago, I visited a local winery where I enjoyed the experience and thought how much I was missing the taste of a good wine. Since then, I have been to a few tasting events, winery tours and also found one local winery where they assist you in making your own wine! That will definitely be on my agenda in the future! I have not stopped there in my quest for knowledge. I have also subscribed to "QRW (Quarterly Wine Review)" and am currently reading "Wine...an introduction" by Joanna Simon. I find it to be an excellent book which covers all aspects of experiencing the world of wine.



As I forge ahead, I want to bring my thoughts to all of you who may also be interested in enjoying the grape in all its glory. I hope I may also learn from others along the way.

So, let us all sit back and relax until next time.....CHEERS!

2 comments:

Wineseller said...

Just a hint for the best way to keep wine from spoiling. Drink it. I have been guilty of holding on to bottles to help decorate my lovely wine rack. Don't save them. Drink them and enjoy!

Lady Char said...

Wineseller,
Sounds like a wonderful idea!!!

Thanks,
Lady Char