Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Top Chef

Well, maybe not Top Chef, but I even surprised myself on this one (for a first try!). Last night for dinner I prepared seared ahi that turned out quite well!! Perfectly cooked...nice searing on the outside and wonderfully pink on the inside. I served it over a white cabbage salad with a wasabi vinaigrette. The wine I chose was Hogue Late Harvest White Riesling Columbia Valley 2005. This wine was wonderful with its honeyed peach and apricot flavors. After I finished, I thought to myself why pay $$$ when I can prepare the same thing at home for less than half the cost! This may become a habit!!

CHEERS!

2 comments:

h said...

Samuel Smith products are generally good. What's your stance on Unwooded Wines?

Lady Char said...

I prefer the taste of "unwooded" or unoaked wines.