Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Fine Spirit

I had purchased a bottle of Bogle Phantom 2004 (which was not easy to come by) quite a while ago waiting for a special occassion....well, some type of occassion....ok, any occassion to unleash the ghost. I chose the first episode of TOP CHEF to be just the right time (hey, it doesn't take much!). Upon opening the bottle, I noticed the writing on the cork; bo-gle n. [Scottish origin] A friendly spirit; a phantom.
A cute little fact...thanks! The wine is a blend of 54% Petite Syrah, 43% Old Vine Zinfandel, 3% Old Vine Mourvedre.....ahhhh....sent from heaven. I loved it!

With the wine, I had prepared a dinner of personal pizzas made on whole wheat pita bread, topped with roasted garlic...roasted red peppers and tomatoes....artichoke hearts.....mozzarella cheese.....hmmmm.....the aroma and the flavors......I can cook when I want to!

It was a wonderful evening of good food...good company....TOP CHEF....and a VERY friendly spirit.



CHEERS!!

No comments: