Tuesday, April 22, 2008

BOZO

"BOZO"....that is what I felt like after I tasted this wine! BevMo was having their get the second bottle for a nickle sale, so I ventured out to see what they had to offer. As I walked thru the doors, I saw a customer picking up four bottles of Beauzeaux Red Wine 2005. It is a blend of 68% Zinfandel, 21% Syrah, 3% Petite Sirah, 3% Charbono, 2% Lagrein, 1% Valdiguie, 1% Grenache, 1% Tempranillo. I thought about it and moved on. None of their selected sale wines were catching my eye. I went home. Saturday, I went back. Another gentleman also had a few bottles of this wine (along with others), so I decided why not! He took notice that I had these wines and we started to talk. He was saying that he had purchased it before and that he was having a get together that evening, so it was a good wine to be served....for the price . I was beginning to feel somewhat safe. While at the register, the cashier asked me if I had ever tried this wine before, I said no, and told him of my conversation and seeing others purchase it. I should have asked him "why"!! When I got home I put the wine away, but his comment was grating on me. I gave it a taste.......**BLECH** It was nasty!! Thin....alcohol nose and taste. Needless to say, I took the bottles back for a full refund. I have read mixed reviews on this wine, so do not take my word for it.....try it for yourself.....you may not feel like a BOZO!!



Cheers

No comments: