Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Lady in Blue

Remember this one.....flashback to the 70's! I was in BevMo, browsing thru the wine isles and in the German section a description card caught my eye. I think in it somewhere it mentioned peach....and I zoomed in on it. Unfortunately, there were no bottles in stock. When I read the name, it rang a bell, but I could not place it. I continued shopping, purchased a couple of other bottles and was on my way. I had to do some grocery shopping and passing by the liquor section, it caught my eye. The tall blue bottle with the "Blue Nun" on the label! My memory awoke!! I had never drank the wine (I was not old enough at that time), but I recall my parents having it in the house. Of course, I grabbed the bottle and could not wait to give it a try! It needed to be chilled, so in the fridge she went, waiting to be had with dinner.






When the time came, I uncorked the bottle and poured it in my glass. It was a light straw color, and the aroma fruity. Upon tasting, it is a crisp wine with the ripe peach fruit flavor. Very nice...

I read where the company had gotten a bad rep and went thru some hard times, but they are making a comeback.

Next time when you are looking for a very nice white wine, why not give this one a try...."Blue Nun Qualitatswein Rheinhessen 2005".

Cheers to the memories.......

No comments: